Students develop empathy through role-play activities. Working in groups, using scripts or hot seating, students start to appreciate the feelings of people involved in negative experiences.
Download the teacher notes for the full lesson plan and guidance on how to deliver the activities.
- Understand what empathy is.
- Be able to use empathy to change behaviour and build better relationships.
- Lesson plan 2 teacher notes
- Slides: Lesson 2
- Worksheets 2-4 - Video scripts
- Worksheets 5-7 - Parallel scripts
- Worksheets 8-10 - Video stills
Note: lesson timings are a suggestion only and will depend on your teaching style, student ability and length of discussion. You could choose to run some lessons across a double period.
If you have any enquiries about the lesson resources please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 14 Apr 2016