This document sets out the measurement framework that the Commission uses to monitor equality and human rights in Britain.
We measure progress across six areas of life, or ‘domains’:
- living standards
- justice and personal security
As well as being used by the Commission, the framework can be used by other organisations and individuals, including:
- parliamentary committees
- government departments
- statutory bodies and policy makers
- social researchers and academics
- opinion formers and media
- charities, third-sector organisations and campaign groups
- non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- National Human Rights Institutions and National Equality Bodies in other countries
This single measurement framework for equality and human rights brings together our four previous frameworks and supports our regular reporting to Parliament.
The framework covers England, Scotland and Wales.
Quick and easy one-page guides to the framework and the six domains.