This document explains the Commission's policy and procedure for handling complaints.
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not.
Our policy covers complaints about:
- the standard of service you should expect from us
- the behaviour of our staff in delivering that service
- any action, or lack of action, by our staff or others engaged on Commission business
Our complaints policy does not cover:
- comments about our policies or policy decisions
- dissatisfaction or complaints expressed with our policies or decisions about individual cases, funding, or requests for legal advice and assistance
- matters that have already been fully investigated through this complaints procedure
- anonymous complaints