Downloads and video case studies
Maternity leave and pay
Find guidance to when and how to pay Statutory Maternity Pay and pre-prepared letters to send to your employee when they plan to return from maternity or adoption leave.
Paternity leave and pay
Fathers and partners (including same sex couples) are entitled to take time off for two antenatal appointments. Find guidance and check lists on this, paternity leave and other benefits such as flexible working in the documents below.
Shared Parental Leave and pay
Employees and agency workers, casual workers and freelancers paid through PAYE can qualify for Shared Parental Leave if they meet the normal qualifying conditions. Find guidance and checklists in relation to Shared Parental Leave entitlements in our documents to download below.
Maternity, paternity or Shared Parental Leave and pay downloads
- Review list for maternity pay
- Review list for maternity leave
- Review list for fathers and partners
- Calendar of key dates for paternity leave and pay
- Model letter 1 - Employer's response to notification of early return from maternity or adoption leave where employee has given at least eight weeks' notice
- Model letter 2 - Employer's response to notification of early return from maternity or adoption leave where employee has not given at least eight weeks' notice
- Model letter - Change in date of commencement of maternity leave
- Guidance to maternity pay
- Guidance to maternity leave
- Guidance to maternity policy
- Guidance for fathers and partners
- Guidance to shared parental leave and pay
- Guidance to shared parental leave policy
Video case studies
In the first video EY talk about how they managed pregnancy effectively in the workplace, in our second video Staffordshire Fire and Rescue talk about how they managed shared parental leave effectively.
Last updated: 21 Feb 2017