Adoption Date Planner
Adoption leave and pay
Adoptive parents and their partners are entitled to time off for appointments and Adoption Leave. Follow our good practice guide below and download our calendar of key dates which you should make a note of to ensure a smooth adoption process for you and your staff.
Adoption Paternity leave and pay
The partners of the main adopter are entitled to paternity leave and pay. Learn more about it by looking at our calendar or key date and adoption guidance for more information.
Adoption Shared Parental Leave
Adoptive parents are entitled to shared parental leave. Learn more about it by looking at our guidance and template policy below.
Adoption, Paternity or Shared Parental Leave for Adoptive parents and Pay downloads
- Review list for adoption
- Review list for adopting partners
- Calendar of key dates of paternity leave and pay when adopting
- Calendar of key dates of adoption rights
- Model letter 1 - following informal notification of intention to adopt
- Model letter 2 - to notify employee of date on which adoption leave ends for employees who qualify for Statutory Adoption Pay
- Model letter 3 - letter to notify employee of date on which adoption leave ends for employees who do not qualify for Statutory Adoption Pay
- Model letter 4 - Change in date of commencement of adoption leave
- Guidance on adoption leave
- Guidance on adoption policy
- Guidance on adoption and shared parental leave and pay
- Guidance on paternity policy
- Template for adoption and paternity policy
- Template for adoptive shared parental leave policy
Video case studies
In our first video - Melanie, founder of the Parenting Network, The Met Office talks about how their maternity coaching programme has helped them to retain and promote talented working mothers and in our second video - Lucy Hancock from iCrossing talks about how how it works for her having a work life balance.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2016