During maternity leave | Where to get advice

If you are a union member, you should take advice from your union as soon as a problem arises, and discuss what to do next.

If you are not a union member, you could seek free advice from the EASS, CAB and ACAS.

The third option is to seek advice from a specialist lawyer but you would probably have to pay.

If you decide to take legal action, check whether you have legal expenses insurance (LEI). Many people have this attached to one of their insurance or mortgage policies. If you have LEI this will cover the costs of any claim you make.

Last updated: 12 May 2016