A guide for companies and executive search firms on improving the diversity of company boards within the frameworks set out by the Equality Act 2010 and the Financial Reporting.
The six steps
Making an appointment
1. Define the selection criteria in terms of measurable skills, experience, knowledge and personal qualities.
2. Reach the widest possible candidate pool by using a range of recruitment methods and positive action.
3. Provide a clear brief, including diversity targets, to your executive search firm.
4. Assess candidates against the role specification in a consistent way throughout the process.
Ongoing action to improve diversity
5. Establish clear board accountability for diversity.
6. Widen diversity in your senior leadership talent pool to ensure future.
Last updated: 26 May 2016