Use this checklist and the following sections to take action on equal pay, particularly if an audit has identified issues or you believe your organisation is following a risky practice.
- Produce an equal pay policy
- Create clear and transparent job descriptions and titles
- Follow a job evaluation scheme
- Look at your grading structures
- Consider more action for a fair pay system
While every effort has been made to ensure that this advice is accurate and up to date, it does not guarantee that you could successfully defend an equal pay claim. Only the courts or tribunals can give authoritative interpretations of the law.
Last updated: 08 Sep 2020