Equality and Human Rights Commission Wales Business Plan 2017 to 2018
We live in a country with a long history of upholding people’s rights, valuing diversity and challenging intolerance. The Commission seeks to maintain and strengthen this heritage, while identifying and tackling areas where there is still unfair discrimination, or where human rights are not being respected. In taking forward this vision, the Wales Committee has identified a range of projects for the year:
- inform and influence legislation, policy and decision-making in order to advance the protection and promotion of equality and human rights in Wales
- work to increase compliance with the Public Sector Equality Duty, drive practical advances in equality, and reduce specific inequalities as identified in Is Wales Fairer?
- seek to ensure that work under the Future Generations framework reflects and advances the Commission’s equality and human rights priorities in Wales
- ensure public service providers in Wales include human rights considerations in service delivery
- increase access to justice for people experiencing discrimination in Wales
Last updated: 07 Feb 2018