Particular types of business
The next part of this guide gives examples of particular issues that may affect how you are treated by:
- businesses selling goods, such as shops and petrol stations
- banks and other financial services providers
- builders, other trades people and companies providing similar services
- estate agents, letting agents and property management companies
- gyms, health clubs and sporting activity providers
- hairdressers, barbers and beauty salons
- hotels, restaurants, cafés and pubs
- theatres and other entertainment venues
- designers and manufacturers of goods – who are only covered in specific circumstances.
If a business is not in this list, it does not mean that equality law does not apply to what that business does. The general information this guide gives about what equality law means for businesses still applies.
Last Updated: 13 Jan 2015