A ban on age discrimination in services, public functions and associations came into force on 1 October 2012.
This section of the site is about age discrimination and how and where it may affect you.
Unlawful age discrimination happens when someone is treated unfavourably because of their age, without justification, or is harassed or victimised because of their age.
Find out more about your legal rights and what to do if you are being discriminated against on the following pages:
- New law to ban age discrimination in services, public functions and associations - with some exceptions
- Does age discrimination apply to me?
- What is age discrimination?
- When and where could age discrimination take place?
- When is age discrimination lawful?
- What does the law say?
Last Updated: 06 May 2014