The next set of Regional Equality Exchange events will give you the opportunity to discuss new and better ways of managing 2 key work place issues – staff with mental health conditions and also staff experiencing domestic abuse.
- 91 million days are lost each year due to mental health problems. The combined costs of sickness absence, non-employment, effects on unpaid work and output losses is £26 billion a year.
- Domestic abuse currently costs UK businesses over £2.7 billion a year.
- In these times of cost cutting in the public sector it is important to share what we know about managing both Domestic Abuse and Mental Health in the workplace more effectively to turn policies into effective practice and to achieve better outcomes for staff.
The events will take place on the following dates at the following locations across Wales:
- Wednesday 27 January – NHS Centre for Equality and Human Rights, Llanharan
- Tuesday 2 February – Betsi Cadwalader Local Health Board, Wrexham
- Wednesday 3 February – Aberystwyth University
Places at these events are limited. If you would like to attend please book your place as soon as possible by filling in the reply slip attached and returning it to email@example.com or by post to Equality and Human Rights Commission, 3rd Floor, 3 Callaghan Square, Cardiff CF10 5BT.