Particular types of business
The next part of this guide gives examples of particular issues that may affect:
- businesses selling goods, such as shops and petrol stations
- banks and other financial services providers
- builders, other trades people and companies providing similar services
- estate agents, letting agents and property management companies
- gyms, health clubs and sporting activity providers
- hairdressers, barbers and beauty salons
- hotels, restaurants, cafés and pubs
- theatres and other entertainment venues
- designers and manufacturers of goods – who are only covered in specific circumstances.
Even if your business is not in this list, equality law still applies to you. Read this guide and work out how to apply what it says to your business. It will help you not only to avoid unlawful discrimination, but will often mean you provide a better service to a wide range of customers.
Last Updated: 21 Jun 2010