Areas Of Responsibility
This section looks at specific areas of responsibility under equality law that employers should be aware of.
Discrimination in employment is unlawful on the following grounds (subject to certain specific exceptions, which you can read about below): age, disability, gender (sex), gender identity, race, religion and belief, and sexual orientation, .
You should be aware of the possibility of discrimination in the following areas:
- Recruitment and job advertisements
- Pay, benefits and workplace conditions
- Pregnancy, maternity and parenthood
- Making reasonable adjustments for disabled employees
- Equal pay resources for employers
- Guidance on recruiting and supporting trans people
- Public Sector Duties (if you are an employer in the public sector)
Last Updated: 04 Jun 2009