Our enforcement powers are detailed at Enforcement powers. This page gives examples of when we have exercised these enforcement powers.
- Preventing Deaths in Detention of Adults with Mental Health Conditions
- Inquiry into the recruitment and appointment practices on company boards
- Inquiry into human trafficking in Scotland
- Inquiry into home care for older people in England
- Inquiry into disability related harassment
- Inquiry into Sex Discrimination in the Finance Sector
- Inquiry into Race Discrimination in the Construction Industry
- Inquiry into employment and recruitment in the Meat and Poultry Processing Sector
- Fair financial decision-making: Section 31 Assessment of HM Treasury
- Public sector duty assessment into the Department for Work and Pensions, through Jobcentre Plus
- Springcare Limited
- Hinckley and Bosworth Council
- Done Brothers (Cash Betting) Ltd trading as Betfred
Sportsdirect.com Retail Limited entered into a formal agreement with the Commission. The retailer pledged to improve its services for disabled customers, thoroughly assessing its stores in Britain and to give all staff training to better understand the needs of disabled shoppers.
The Commission signed a formal agreement with NHS Tayside to ensure that in future they will meet their duty under the Equality Act 2010 to ensure all deaf patients have their communication needs met when accessing NHS Tayside's services.
The agreement comes after Sally Doering, a deaf woman, spent six days in Perth Royal Infirmary in 2013, without any access to a sign language interpreter despite repeated requests for one to be provided.
Last Updated: 24 Dec 2015