Can I get public funding (formerly known as legal aid)?

You cannot get public funding for representation at an employment tribunal. If you are unemployed, or have a low income, you may be able to get advice or help from a solicitor under the Legal Help Scheme.

You can apply for legal aid for court cases. In the first instance, you should seek advice from an advice agency, or from a private lawyer.

It is also possible that some household contents insurance policies include general legal expenses.

back to top