Through working in partnership with stakeholders and reviewing a range of evidence sources we have identified the following key priorities for our three-year scheme.
We will use our action plan to focus on these priorities and provide clear accountability for their delivery.
Promoting equality in employment
- We will maintain the diversity of our staff to reflect the communities we serve across all the equality areas and will continue to monitor our workforce profile.
- We will reduce our gender pay gap from 5.5% currently, to 5% and extend our pay gap monitoring to include race, disability, sexual orientation, age and religion or belief.
- We will develop a workplace environment where all our staff are treated with dignity and respect.
- We will continue to improve accessibility of our working practices and buildings.
Promoting equality in our service delivery
- We will develop a robust and accessible communications strategy.
- We will continue to improve the accessibility of our website.
- We will continue to prioritise legal cases in new areas of equality in order to build case law.
- We will address gaps in our knowledge base to ensure that we are prioritising key equality areas in our work.
- We will monitor the effectiveness of our helpline’s provision of information, advice and guidance to ensure that they reach all groups.
Promoting equality in our working practices
- We will implement a robust involvement strategy to engage and respond to our stakeholders, with a stronger emphasis on working at a regional level.
- We will consult and involve representative networks covering all equality areas to help inform our future activities.
- We will strengthen our equality procurement framework so that suppliers can demonstrate their commitment to equality and explore training for suppliers as necessary.
- We will identify the equality profile of organisations who supply services for us and set targets to ensure they reflect the communities we serve.
- We will enhance our monitoring and analysis systems to expand on data collection, particularly around transgender issues.
- We will ensure that our grants process addresses all the equality areas of our remit and targets previously underfunded areas.