Advice sources

The organisations listed below may be able to advise you on equal pay issues.

Commission helpline

Our helpline is here to give information and guidance on discrimination and human rights issues. All of our helpline staff have been specially trained to provide this service. You can contact us by telephone, text phone, letter, email or fax. Further information about our helpline service is available on our website.


Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) aims to improve organisations and working life through better employment relations. They are dedicated to preventing and resolving employer disputes. With regional offices across the country and a dedicated helpline, you can access their services via the ACAS website.


Business in the Community (BITC) works with business to encourage them to build a sustainable future for people and planet. They provide a framework to support and challenge business to improve their performance and benefit society community, environment, workplace and marketplace. Visit the BITC website.


The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is Europe's largest HR development professional body. They have over 135,000 members, and support and develop those responsible for the management and development of people within organisations. CIPD provide useful information on the law and employment related matters via the CIPD website.

Citizens Advice

The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money, employment and other problems by providing free information and advice, and by influencing policy makers. There are hundreds of Citizens Advice Bureaux across England, Scotland and Wales all of which are independent registered charities. To find your nearest citizens advice bureau for advice in England and Wales visit the Citizens Advice website. You can find your nearest citizens advice bureau in Scotland on the Citizens Advice Scotland website.

Law Centres

Law Centres are not-for-profit legal practices providing free legal advice and representation to disadvantaged people. The Law Centres in England, Wales and Scotland are staffed by solicitors and barristers who specialise in areas of civil law including employment, housing, discrimination, welfare benefits, education and immigration. To find your nearest law centre in England and Wales visit the Law Centres website. You can find your nearest law centre in Scotland via the Govan Law Centre website.

Please send any feedback or enquiries to

back to top