We are committed to making our websites and applications accessible to all our users and have an ongoing programme of making useful updates and improvements. We are always happy to receive feedback. Please use our online feedback form to let us know about any problems you have had, or email our Website team.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) website has been developed to best practice coding conventions corresponding with guidelines stipulated by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) and successfully XHTML 1.0 strict valid.
You can change the text size on this application to make it either larger or smaller via your browser settings. Some browsers will allow you to magnify the whole page. To change the text size, follow the instructions below:
- Click 'View' to open the View menu or press 'Alt' and 'V'.
- Select the 'Text Size' option or select by pressing 'X'.
- Choose your preferred text size using your mouse or use the up and down arrow keys
- Click to select the text size or press 'Enter'
- The text size should change to reflect your choice
- Click ‘View’ to open the View menu
- Select the ‘Text Size’ option
- Select ‘Increase’ or ‘Decrease’
- The text on our site should change to reflect your choice
- Click 'View' to open the View menu
- Click on 'Make Text Bigger' or 'Make Text Smaller' or to use the keyboard shortcuts select
- ‘Apple’ and ‘+’ (plus) or ‘Apple’ and ‘-’ (minus)
- The text size on our site should change to reflect your choice
Consistent page headings and titles
A consistent heading structure has been used so that page information is compatible with access technology.
The following browsers have been tested for compatibility:
- Internet Explorer (Windows) v7.0 to 9.0
- Google Chrome
- Firefox (Windows and Mac) v2.0 and 12.0
- Safari (Mac) v4.v5
- Opera v9 - 11
If you would like a publication in an alternative format please contact the Website team.
General web accessibility guidance
Last Updated: 10 Feb 2016