Suggested enquiry topics
How you can use these enquiry topics
You could select one of these seven topics to explore in depth as the focus for your whole project, encouraging each student to make their own investigation related to that topic.
If you want to give students more choice, just select one of these to scaffold a creative enquiry then introduce the 6 other topics and allow them to choose which to pursue. Alternatively they might wish to develop an idea that emerged from the icebreaker activities or from ongoing personal interests.
Each topic includes:
- Some background facts and key issues
- A scenario to help you explore the issue (which is not intended to limit young people’s own enquiries into the topic)
- Artist inspirations (again, not intended to be copied but used as springboards for personal experimentation).
- Suggested topic one: Your Say
- Suggested topic two: Homophobic bullying
- Suggested topic three: Class divides our futures
- Suggested topic four: Your rights
- Suggested topic five: Staying on
- Suggested topic six: Wild child
- Suggested topic seven: Creativity as empowerment
Last Updated: 28 Apr 2014