Where to get help
National helplines and umbrella organisations
0808 2000 247
Freephone 24hr national domestic violence helpline (with Women's Aid)
Refuge is a national charity for women and children experiencing domestic violence
0808 2000 247
Freephone 24 hr national domestic violence helpline (with Refuge)
Women's Aid is the key national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children. They support a network of over 500 domestic and sexual violence services across the UK.
Rape Crisis Scotland
08088 01 03 02
Rape crisis centres in Scotland, support for women.
Rape Crisis (England & Wales)
Coordinates the network of rape crisis centres in England and Wales.
visit their website to find your nearest centre:
End Violence against Women Campaign (EVAW)
EVAW is not a support service but a campaigning group. It is a coalition of of individuals and organisations who are calling on the Government, public bodies and others to take concerted action to end violence against women. It is made up of activists, survivors, academics and service providers.
Information from DirectGov
- How to report a crime, as a victim or a witness
- Domestic violence - where to get help
- Domestic violence - information for young people
- Rape and sexual assault - information for young people
- Abusive relationships - where to turn
- Victim support (England and Wales)
- Victim support (Scotland)
- Compensation for victims of crime from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority
Last Updated: 28 Apr 2014