- Commission requires NHS Tayside to meet the communication needs of Deaf Patients: The Equality & Human Rights Commission today announced that it has signed a formal agreement with NHS Tayside to ensure that in future they will meet their duty under the Equality Act 2010 to ensure all deaf patients have their communication needs met when accessing NHS Tayside's services.
- Commission welcomes landmark education ruling: The Equality and Human Rights Commission has welcomed a Sherriff Court ruling that a Scottish Council acted unlawfully when it removed a disabled student’s support package on the day he turned 18.
- EHRC issues a statement supporting the Scottish Government decision to refuse Aberdeen City Council's proposals for byelaw - Aberdeen City Council (Prohibition Of Camping In Designated Areas) Byelaws 2014, which would have had implications for Scottish Gypsy Travellers. The Commission wrote to Aberdeen City Council in July 2014 voicing it's concerns regarding the proposed byelaw.
- EHRC Scotland produces dramatised case studies to assist employers: To help companies get equality in the workplace right the EHRC, through Glasgow Chambers of Commerce, commissioned a theatre group to act out real situations of discrimination that have been heard in the courts. The cases explore the issues faced by employers and employees as well as how The Equality Act can have a positive effect on your business.
- EHRC Scotland Annual Review 2013/14: On 18 August 2014 the EHRC published a report on the work it has undertaken in Scotland between April 2013 and March 2014.
EHRC PRESS RELEASES
Last Updated: 12 Dec 2014